Friday, October 6, 2017




                              I Felt You Die Today 

                             

                                                  I felt you die today.
                              I felt your heart stop beating
                                And I saw the same thing 
                                  You saw in my eyes,       
                                     A broken soul,     
                                 I felt you die today.       
                           I felt hopelessness puncture 
                                        Your heart 
                               And I felt the demons 
                              Take control of a mind 
                                    That used to be 
                              So strong and brave,
                                I felt you die today. 
                     Your lungs collapsed and your chest    
                                Became so hollow full 
                                Of pain and suffering, 
                                 I felt you die today. 
                               I felt your spirit shatter 
                               And mine broke right 
                                  There with you, 
                               I felt you die today. 

  

                                                                         Chelsea Sumner 
                                 
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment