Monday, February 27, 2017

 A Queen Like Me 
                                         
 A Queen like me is
Stronger and Wiser
Than who I use to
Be.
The pain I endured
Made me
WHO I AM.
I Am a
Brown skinned
Black is beautiful
Queen. 
With short naturally
Curly hair
Like my sister
 Miss Lupita.
  I have the
 Golden touch
But my intelligence
Is even
Greater.
A Queen like me isn’t
Perfect.
But my values are
Worth It.
 And my potentials are
Endless.
A Queen like me learned
How to love myself
Unconditionally.
Because I am a
QUEEN.
                                                                       -Chelsea Sumner


6 comments:

  1. Love this Bestfriend��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm not great at poetry but I liked it. Only thing is I would say to change it to "Ms. Nyong'o" so it's more obvious. I understood right away because I love her also. But I live in Miami and in the Latin world, there are a lot of Lupes and Lupitas lol...

    ReplyDelete